Boise, Idaho Real Estate
Boise is the capital city of Idaho and has garnered a well-deserved reputation as an amazing place to live. Boise’s almost unparalleled access to year-round outdoor activities, cheaper cost of living, friendly people, amazing cultural community events, and shorter commutes are all strong draws to the Gem State. A famous blue football field helps, too.
Boise can be easily broken down into 7 areas, each with its own distinct character and lifestyle. But no matter where you live, you will be close to Boise’s wide array of shopping, dining, entertainment, education, and outdoor offerings.
- North Boise (aka The North End) – The North End is locally famous for its historic homes on large lots and unique architecture. Mature trees line streets, especially Harrison and Hayes. From here, it is easy to hit the slopes at Bogus Basin Ski Resort. The North End also includes the famous Warm Springs Boulevard, which features one-of-a-kind homes—many of which are heated with geothermal heating.
- Northeast Boise – Northeast Boise has plenty of places for its residents to play, just a few minutes from their high-end luxury homes. Warm Springs Golf Course, the Boise Greenbelt, Lucky Peak Reservoir, and the foothills are nearby for year-round fun. The Harris Ranch master-planned subdivision dominates the landscape near the Boise River.
- Southeast Boise – Southeast Boise is south of Boise State University. From starter homes to luxury homes, residents love the short commutes, highly-rated schools, and being “15 minutes from everywhere”, including the airport. Micron, Boise State, Albertsons, and St Luke’s Hospital are nearby large employers.
- Southwest Boise – Southwest Boise sits between Interstate-84, the northern boundary of Kuna, and the eastern boundary of Meridian. From this suburban part of Boise, you can visit the Village at Meridian Shopping Center, Costco, and Boise Towne Square Mall for shopping and dining in a short time thanks to an abundance of large thoroughfare roads. There are plenty of new subdivisions being built in this area at a variety of price points.
- Boise Bench – Sitting 60 feet above the valley floor, the Bench offers established homes and neighborhoods in a wide variety of styles, sizes, and price ranges. The Boise Bench stretches from the rim on Federal way west toward the Boise Towne Square Mall and Interstate-84.
- West Boise – West Boise is highlighted by the Boise Towne Square Mall and the ease of getting to downtown Boise by using Chinden Boulevard or Interstate-184 (aka The Connector). Many older homes in this area are on rare large lots. New homes are sleek and contemporary, matching the growing city of Meridian just to the west.
- Northwest Boise – Many residents on Northeast Boise live in exclusive foothills communities that highlight unbeatable views. Between State Street and Hill Road are a healthy mix of older, established homes and new infill subdivisions to suit all price points and personal tastes. Residents are never far from a quick hike or bike in the foothills or an easy ride along the Greenbelt to the Boise Whitewater Park.